Basement or 'dive' bars in London come in many shapes and sizes. There's 151 on King's Road - a Walkabout for posh people where very bad things happen into the wee hours. Go there on a Wednesday and I promise you'll make a horrible mistake. There's that South African place on Bedford Street, in Covent Garden, where you can get nicely, cheaply drink surrounded by Safos and their crazy shots.
OR, there's Trailer Happiness, a place where going down the dive stairs rewards you with a laid back and very Cali lounge, with bamboo and warm paintings, especially when empty, Trailer Happiness is more comfortable than your house with much better drinks! A lot of the Google Reviews are super negative. Saying the staff's rude. The night I visited the staff couldn't have been lovelier, though it's worth saying that this was a couple days before Christmas and there were only the dedicated locals behind the bar.
Anyway, if you're looking for truly loungy place to chill in West London, bean bag chairs, amazing cocktails (order the Jack Fashion and you get an Easter Island Head chocolate candy floating in it - what's not to love?) and good vibes - do check out Trailer Happiness.
- Unrivalled, original cocktails in all sorts of vaguely Pacific Islanderish themes
- Great interior design, though the unisex bathroom is confusing
- Out of the way enough to feel somewhat exclusive
- Not cheap, one of the freaky, foamy, flaming volcano drinks is like 14 quid!
- Pro: it'll easily F up two people
- Lots of people (not me) have said the staff are rude
View Larger Map